We, Achieve Higher Ground, 2979 Woodrich Rd. Tallahassee, are committed to protecting privacy of users of the Achieve Higher Ground website and/or other related services (hereinafter collectively the “Services”).
Last revised: May 2020
1. What types and categories of data we collect, process and use?
We collect, process and use personal and non-personal data.
1.1 Personal and non-personal data
The term “personal data” is defined by the Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG) and the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). You can think of your personal data as any data that allow you to be identified or that can be correlated to you.
On the other hand, “non-personal” data cannot be correlated to any specific person. By removing identifiable parts from and anonymizing personal data, personal data may be converted into “non-personal data.”
1.2 Data we collect, process and use
We collect, process and use three types of data:
• data you provide to us voluntarily,
• data we receive when you use our Services, and
• data we receive from third parties.
Typically, we collect, process and use the following categories of data:
• your name and address;
• your personal contact information (telephone, e-mail etc.);
• your IP address, operating system, browser type, browser version, browser configuration, name of Internet provider, and any other relevant information regarding your computer and Internet connection in order to identify the type of your device, to connect you to the website, to exchange data with your (mobile) terminal device, or to ensure proper use of the website;
• the URL and IP address of the website from which you access our website or from which you are transferred to our website;
• any pages of our website on which you click during your visit, and any links on our website on which you click;
• the entire Uniform Resource Locator (URL) clickstream regarding, through, and from the website;
• your service inquiries and your orders;
• your transaction history, including open and completed transactions;
• information regarding your orders and payments;
• information collected by cookies or similar technologies (as explained below);
• the content of all messages sent through the website
• your newsletter subscriptions;
• any consents you have given us;
• any other information input or uploaded by you through the website (e.g., information you provide when completing an online form);
2. How is data collected?
Personal data is collected by us only if you provide such data to us on your own initiative by choosing to use our Services.
You can register for our e-zine. That way, you will receive regular updates about personal growth as viewed by Achieve Higher Ground. All you need to do to receive our e-zine is to provide us with a valid e-mail address. If you are no longer interested in receiving the e-zine, you may unsubscribe at any time using the link that is included in each e-zine.
2.2 Linking to our Facebook page
We will record the fact that you have registered through Facebook.
You will transfer certain information to us when you access our website, e.g. your IP address. Such data cannot be used by us to identify the user. This data is processed for statistical purposes only. Such analyses help us to improve our Services.
2.4 Other possible instances of data collection
Collection of data also happens, for example, when you contact us, sign up for a subscription, upload a profile photo, or use our Services to send messages.
3. What are our legal bases for processing of your data?
We will collect, process, and use your personal data and other data to support the delivery of Achieve Higher Ground Services. In this section we provide information on the legal basis for our processing of your Personal Data as required by Art. 13 and 14 of the GDPR, as well as provide detailed information about the purposes of collection, processing and use of your data.
We process your data based on the Article 6 of the GDPR relying on the following legal bases:
• performance of our Services, Art. 6(1)b
• legitimate interest relating to our Services, Art. 6(1)f
• if you have given us your consent to process your data, Art. 6(1)a
• if it is necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation Art. 6(1)c.
We may also process the data if it is necessary to protect vital interests of our users and/or other people, or for the performance of an obligation to carry out in the public interest pursuant to Art. 6(1) (d) and (e).
4. What do we use your data for (purposes of processing)?
We process and use data (including personal data) you make available to us voluntarily on the website in various situations (e.g., when you send us an e-mail). We also use data that are collected automatically on our website. Finally, we may also receive data about you from third parties, for example when another user provides us with information about you.
We collect, process and use data for the following purposes:
• to administer, operate, maintain, and improve the website;
• to allow and process orders for services placed by you through the website;
• to assess your right to receive certain types of offers or services;
• to support the improvement and customization of the Achieve Higher Ground Services;
• to analyze and research customer behavior;
• to respond to your questions and inquiries;
• to provide you with information about services that may be of interest to you;
• to communicate with you about certain concerns;
• to comply with our legal obligations to prevent any unlawful use of the website, to protect the security of our Service, to detect and prevent fraud or abuse, to settle disputes, and to enforce our contracts;
• for any other purposes to which you have consented in a particular case, or
• otherwise as permitted by applicable law.
If required by law, we will ask for your consent before collecting, processing, or using your personal data for any of the aforementioned purposes.
We will also notify you if we want to use your personal data for a new or different purpose. We will use your personal data for such other purposes only if and to the extent necessary or permitted by applicable law or with your consent.
5. How long and where are data stored?
Your personal data will be stored for as long as this is necessary for achieving the defined purposes of processing. If you cancel your subscription, we will also erase within reasonable time or archive your personal data, i.e. restrict processing. An exception applies only if we have a legal obligation to archive data for a certain time period.
6. Transfer of data to third parties
Your personal data will be transferred to third parties only if we have a legal obligation to do so, if the data transfer is necessary for performance of the contract, or if you have consented to the transfer of your data. Third-party service providers and partner companies will receive your data only if and to the extent necessary for performance of the contract or with your consent. In such cases, the extent to which data are transferred will however be kept to the absolute minimum. To the extent that our service providers come into contact with your personal data, we will make sure that they too will comply with all applicable data protection laws. Please also read the data privacy policies of such third-party providers.
7. Data security
Data transfers are generally subject to security gaps. It is technically impossible to protect your data 100% from access by third parties. However, we strive to minimize this risk as much as possible. We therefore use strong SSL encryption for all data transfers. However, please make sure not to provide your login data to any third parties.
9. Your rights:
You may at any time and at no cost request us to provide you information about your personal data that are processed by us, correction of any errors in your personal data, termination of processing of your personal data, or erasure of your personal data – subject to mandatory legal provisions or obligations to the contrary. In particular, if you qualify as the “data subject” under the terms of (GDPR), you have the right to:
• request information on personal data processed by us about you as provided by Art. 15 GDPR.
• in accordance with Art. 16 GDPR, to immediately demand the correction of incorrect data or completion of incomplete personal data stored with us;
• pursuant to Art. 17 GDPR, to request deletion of your personal data stored by us, unless the processing of the data is required for the exercise of the right to freedom of expression and information, for the fulfillment of a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims;
• in accordance with Art. 18 GDPR, to request the restriction of the processing of your personal data as far as the accuracy of the data is disputed by you or the processing is unlawful;
• in accordance with Art. 20 GDPR, to receive your personal data provided to us in a structured, standard and machine-readable format or to request transmission to another controller;
• in accordance with Art. 7 (3) GDPR, to revoke at any time your consent previously granted to us. As a result, we will be no longer able to continue the data processing based on this consent for the future;
• in accordance with Art. 77 GDPR, users have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence or work or our company headquarters for this purpose.
• also, if your personal data is processed based on legitimate interests in accordance with Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR, you have the right to file an objection against the processing of your personal data in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR, provided that there are reasons based on your particular situation or the objection is directed against direct marketing. In the latter case, you have a general right of objection, which shall be implemented by us without you specifying any particular situation.
To exercise your rights under GDPR, simply contact us at any time by letter or e-mail at:
Achieve Higher Ground
2979 Woodrich Rd.
Tallahassee FL 32301